Deputy General Manager – Gold Coast Private Hospital
12:00 PM Designing Flexible Non-Clinical Spaces to Augment the Patient Experience and Enable Future Expansion Development Plans
Gold Coast Private Hospital (GCPH) is a $230 Million technology-enabled and sustainable facility, making it one of Australia’s largest private hospitals. Designed with flexibility for expansion to accommodate future demand, GCPH delivers superior patient experience by creating a welcome, non-clinical hotel-like setting.
- Delivering exceptional patient care through their model of care – It goes beyond the physical infrastructure; it’s also about the people. For example, they provide hotel-like services to enhance customer experiences by providing high teas and celebratory dinners for new mums and dads
- Being customer-focused – Soft skills training is inherent to generating a friendly ambiance and patient rounding for human connectedness whereby every day the manager has to see a new patient and every second in charge has to see every patient in the ward
Clinicians are proactive, making informed decisions based on live data and feedback
12:00 PM Understanding the Commissioning Challenges You will Face in Your New or Redeveloped Healthcare Facility
Extensive systems commissioning for new hospitals and major redevelopments are an effective means of identifying and addressing operational risks before patients, staff or visitors walk through the doors of a new facility. In this session we aim to answer the most pressing issue: whether patient care and other operational processes are put through the same vigorous testing and training as technical systems.
Led by Claire Gauci, Deputy General Manager of Healthscope, Claire will explore the challenges you will face during the commissioning process, using recent project examples and lessons learnt from developments such as the Gold Coast Private Hospital, to look at reasons for commissioning success and gain an understanding of the complex interdependencies in operationally commissioning a hospital.
This interactive workshop offers you the opportunity to discuss among your peers:
- Effective workforce planning
- Use of advanced simulation techniques
- Programming and planning for parallel commissioning/build processes
- Effective IT implementation
- Managing 3rd party and vendor installs
- Project Governance and resourcing
- Use of go/no go surveys